Sunday, August 12, 2012

Dear Awkwardness,

I'm not sure where to begin. This whole business with bed bugs has been such an ordeal. I could mention the situation where three guys came over at midnight to take apart my bed while I was in my pajamas. But no, that's not so terrible. However, I could mention the fact that one of these guys tried to move my dresser and ended up spilling my underwear drawer across the room. I could mention my favorite pest control phone call where we tried to understand why no one had showed up for their appointment. Their response, "It was on the schedule but I guess the representative didn't look at it. We're not used to same day consultations." Really? I call to tell you that I just found the hundreds of bugs that I have been sleeping with for the past month and you are telling me to schedule an appointment and live with it for another week?? Or how about the 24 hour pest control hotlines that never answer their phones. But no, these aren't really awkward, they're just frustrating. I suppose my favorite part of this mess is a really awkward guy stopping by because he is bored and wants to use our TV and keyboard. We try to give him hints to go away since we were expecting pest control any minute. After hearing about our bug problem, he turns to me and says, "It all makes sense now! Bed bugs have psychological effects. I'm glad to know that you won't always be grumpy like this." I am really sick of Flagstaff at this moment.

Grrrrr,
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment