Saturday, October 8, 2011

Dear Awkwardness,

Now that I think about it, I've run into you several times this week... Remember Monday morning at Albertson's? The girls and I were in the produce section, and you were waiting for us by the grapes. It was very cunning of you to choose grapes--the only fruit that, when Lizzie drops it, has about a hundred little pieces that roll every which way. But I have to thank you: I'm glad it wasn't, say, a watermelon that Lizzie dropped. After all, grapes can be cleaned up pretty discretely (without the need of a mop, at least).

Oh yeah, and then there was this afternoon at the mall by the Diving Lady display. You knew I wanted to read about it, so thanks for keeping an eye on Lizzie and asking that total stranger to tell me, "There she goes!" Yes, I'm an inattentive mother. And yes, I had to run pretty quickly to catch Lizzie before she got lost and/or destroyed a store display. Thanks for the reminder--and the exercise.

Regards,
Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment